Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

wonderful days

i woke up this morning for work and it was SO beautiful outside. i love love love this time of year - crisp winter still lingers, but there is something new and fresh brewing in creation:)

yesterday was amazing.
i turned in an article on the justice league here at Hope for Print Media II. I love writing things that I believe in... and I had my Engaging Christianity and Psychology class, which is 1 1/2 hours of mind stretching, faith questioning, and God glorifying goodness. I love it. it makes me think there is hope yet to build bridges on every level of human intellect to the waiting world...

anyway... and then i picked up my check made a deposit. this may sound trivial, but not for me!:) I count the days and plan my groceries, budget, and social life around every other friday.

then i got to try a new recipe with my friend nicole. we baked brownies with these interesting ingredients:
2 tablespoons flour
12 eggs
10 oz. nonsweetened chocolate
3 sticks butter
3 cups sugar

i think that's it. yep it was an experience, but they turned out well.
we took them to an event last night that literally made us weep.

i can't describe it - not the kind of cry you get when you put in a romantic comedy, nor the kind that comes up when you say goodbye to a loved one, nor really the kind you get when you "just need a good cry" to mull over some personal things. No - this weep was a deep, heavy repentant weep for the things the lady was saying and for the church.

I don't know how much I can say in cyberspace (even though no one reads this:), because of her protection, but I sat there for 2 1/2 hours and felt ashamed. This woman is from a different background and she became a Christian. But she told stories about how the church didn't know what to do with her. So many times she was a soul needing comforting, encouragement, and actual rescue from a life-threatening situation and the church didn't know what to do with her.

i don't know how i could explain in a way that would make others understand, but it did change me. it was beautiful.
after that, my friend nicole and i sighed. we are so blessed.
we went back to our house transitioned into a night of what not to wear and smoothies with mangos. i like mangos. a lot.

today is going to be great, too. after work i'll have some wondefully relaxing time, hopefully talk to my family - who i have sadly neglected as a result of my cell phone breaking - and then i get to unload the band.

not just any band - MAE. that's right i'm unloading the band and i have a t-shirt that says staff. their concert is tonight and i am STOKED. i dreamed last night that my friends pat, dusty, and casey surprised me and were coming to the concert. except it was weird because i was actually the director at a camp and we were at my grandpas old house in iowa. yeah that part didn't make sense, but the part about them coming up here i wanted desparately to be true.

friends are so special. maybe the most special thing.

No comments: