Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Monday, April 17, 2006

hmmm...

I was a little sad yesterday. Blame it on emotions or that I'm a female, I don't know. As we sang "In Christ alone,"I just cried.
I think I'll just post the lyrics because they are an amazing reminder of the love of Jesus.

In Christ alone my hope is found He is my light, my strength, my song This Cornerstone, this solid ground Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace When fears are stilled, when strivings cease My Comforter, my All in All Here in the love of Christ I stand
In Christ alone, who took on flesh Fullness of God in helpless babe This gift of love and righteousness Scorned by the ones He came to save ‘Til on that cross as Jesus died The wrath of God was satisfied For every sin on Him was laid Here in the death of Christ I live
There in the ground His body lay Light of the world by darkness slain Then bursting forth in glorious Day Up from the grave He rose again And as He stands in victory Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me For I am His and He is mine Bought with the precious blood of Christ
No guilt in life, no fear in death This is the power of Christ in me From life’s first cry to final breath Jesus commands my destiny No power of hell, no scheme of man Can ever pluck me from His hand ‘til He returns or calls me home Here in the power of Christ I’ll stand
Mmmm. Amen and amen. Praise God! The Easter service I attended with my family was a bit unconventional, but then again I guess the events of those days were far from convention. How normal was it such a man to die and then be raised?
And then when my family was about to leave I fought back tears again. I love them so much. William and James are such wonderful brothers. I guess I'm realizing how much I treasure their friendship. I hugged them tighter this time, because there's something about their embrace that reminds me that their friendship is unbreakable.

Wow..that was mushy:). Well, anyway...I'm working on projects and finals right now. The end is in sight, but my day planner is packed for the next three weeks. I haven't even started to think about this summer, which is looming over my head.

I am excited that my grandparents are coming up here on April 12. My list of things to do is growing and a smile appears whenever I get a chance to think of it.

Praise God for family.

No comments: