Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

grandfather's wisdom


"What decision can I make today that could draw me closer to God?" He asked. "If you think about that and have that in your head all day long, then you are bound to make some good decisions."

Wow. My grandpa Joe is a pretty amazing man. Tonight we talked about how hard it is to make decisions that really please the Lord. Sometimes we know God is calling us to do something - to obey Him - but we're unwilling to step out in faith. I ventured to say that our human condition thrives in the 'comfortable' ... but he said, "You know, the thing is that comfortable is boring."

How true that is! We are discouraged from boldness in word and deed in declaring the Lord's glory. Uncomfortable usually brings about what is most beneficial.

Oh! These thoughts could just go on, but the morning comes too soon and I must greet it as my grandpa will. ... and we'll be bound to make some good decisions.

No comments: