Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

restlessness

I wrote this poem in response to the previous realization and also as I trudge through the muddy waters of decision-making for the next phase of my life.
--------------------------------------
restlessness tingles
spreads out from within;
desperate anticipation,
impatient to begin

the less-traveled-trail keeps secret,
stories hidden mark the way;
eyes jump from each attraction,
distracted feet tread astray

unshakable conviction
pleases the listening ear;
whitewashed foolishness
turns honey-shed tears

escape, come quickly!
to rescue this mite
overwhelmed, the longing
for wings of flight

sunlight bursts and shadows fall
darkness exposed these haphazard walls
painful discovery, a helpless wretch
pleading now mercy's net to catch

restlessness tingles,
but what is a sign?
let me not be unsure
that the True object is Thine


No comments: