Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

testimony

Last night I shared my testimony.

I shared with my bible study girls on Monday that I was a little nervous, to which one responded, "Oh! Just don't be."
I came up with some sarcastic reply at the moment, but it was actually a great suggestion!

The more I thought about "my story" the more I realized how much I've made things about me. Just ask my family - I could talk for hours! The strange part is that my heart seeks to serve with humility... to love with abandon... to give without limits. It's just this flesh that gets in the way.

So, I stood up in front of the community that has been so, so precious to me this year and shared the glory of the Lord, as revealed in my life. I shared a story from this past weekend, when I was in church with my family. We were all having a hard time staying awake, but at the end of the service the pastor had everyone walk up to the front and receive an anointing of oil. Then the whole church gathered in a circle (it was a small gathering) and held hands and sang a song of redemption. During the song, we lifted up our hands in praise and the tears were streaming down my face. I was overwhelmed.

The glory of the cross. Jesus - crucified, dead, and buried - ROSE again for the redemption of our souls to the glory of God.

May I, like Paul, resolve to know nothing but Christ and him crucified!

No comments: