Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Friday, March 14, 2008

weekend respite

I'm off to a remote cabin today. On a little dirt road near a little town in Texas... and I couldn't be more excited. Well, if not for my sore muscles and sleep-deprivation, I could probably show a little more enthusiasm. I am excited, though, because a road trip means precious thinking time. I can't bury myself in a book or get distracted by something on a to-do list... road trips have a way of keeping one still.

Since this cabin is tucked into a valley of the west Texas hill country, I won't be writing on a computer or talking on the phone. But, I hope to venture off like my friends Thoreau and Emerson... where I will purpose to be intentional about my thinking and determined about my reflection. I can always anticipate meeting God when I leave the distractions of this world. I'm sure this will be no different.

No comments: