Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weekly Lineup

After a (seemingly) endless hiatus, these separated sisters are back in action. It was almost fitting that we didn't write for the time we spent together, but I have to admit I missed it. I hope you enjoy what's coming up this week! I know both Christina and I have crazy weeks ahead, so I hope you will struggle with us and see the blessings along the way.

Outside the "Norm": From overdone baby celebration to traveling shower
My best friend is about to have a baby in September - a beautiful girl I can not wait to meet. So, I didn't want to do the normal: sit in a circle and watch her open presents surrounded by oos and ahs. I wanted her to know how much we love and care for her and the new baby in a way that reflected who she is, so we gave the shower wheels - and with great success!

Family Treasures
Our family works kind of like the sun - always there, sometimes hidden, sometimes far away, dependable, and gives the most joyful of rays. Why do we love family so much? Read for yourself!

Election Season: Unspun
We're no experts on politics, but we do get pretty serious about making every aspect of our lives match up with our hearts. Because of all the propaganda, it's hard to know what a candidate actually stands for - you know, what's behind all of the speeches and motivational slogans. Well, we may not know more than the next guy, but we're working on it - so read about it!


Well, it may seem like a short list this week, but we're going to save some room for whatever might come up in between - we hope you like surprises!

No comments: