Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Feeling Depleted

I'm feeling a bit depleted tonight. I'm not altogether sure why. There's this strange cycle (and don't try to tell me it's menstrual) where every once in awhile I find myself in the same rut. Different surroundings, different circumstances, but the same old rut. The rut is kind of a mental thing. But tonight is one of those ruts, I guess.

Today I was reviewing the staff manual for Pinares and some things caught me a bit off guard. I'm not really sure how I'm going to get everything boxed, labeled, and sent to Miami by July 25... or how I'm going to arrange all my finances here in the States... or how I'm going to get all the teaching materials I need... or how I'm going to even know the teaching materials I'll need... or where I'm going to stay for the first two days I am in Tegus.

Lots of unknowns, I suppose. But, I don't really think the unknowns fuel the depleted feeling I get when my strange cycle lands me in a rut. Like I said, the circumstances are always different.

The depleted feeling comes when I let other things steal my joy. There is pure delight in the Lord, but I alone decide whether to enjoy this precious gift or offer it to idol thieves.

No comments: