Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Where we are...

So, we've been a little detached from the blog and technology lately. Well, I guess maybe me more than Christina, but as you probably know, we are going through some pretty serious changes in our lives. Yesterday, Christina said goodbye to her company for good and today she's decorating a community building for best friend #2's wedding and tomorrow she is leaving for a mission trip to New Mexico. Pretty crazy.

I really don't have any excuses for not writing, except that there are so many things I'd rather do. No offense, eager readers, but I'd rather meet up with my old friends, drive the countryside, or (honestly) sit out on our porch swing, than pin myself down to this silly computer. After bugging and nagging my parents for so long to get the internet, now that they have it there are so many other more interesting things to do...

Like shucking corn.

Today we shucked $100 worth of corn and my grandma and mom cooked, cut, and bagged it. This is how we've grown to be the corn snobs we are - don't ever try to serve us corn from a can! It just doesn't beat sweet corn cut right from the ear and frozen in our freezer.

Anyway, there's my short explanation. Take it or leave it.

Speaking of leaving... Next Thursday will be my last day in the United States and it's starting to sink in. Wow.

No comments: