Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Beginnings

Okay... many of you know that life has been more than crazy lately - for Christina and I. Tonight finds me in heated preparation of the beginning of a school year. Tomorrow, we have our first day of school at Academia Los Pinares and tonight most of the teachers wandered out of classrooms at 7 or 8 o'clock, looking a bit weathered.

But, as I sit with my roommates tonight, we are marveling ... because we are teaching with Truth in mind. We have the opportunity to reach out to each and every student, unashamedly presenting Scripture as part of our lesson plans! I know and have heard about the struggles other teachers are facing in public schools everywhere - so I'm cherishing this gift of freedom!

We have set aside time to praise and pray tonight... for the school, the students, the leadership, and for our own words - that they may be pleasing to God.

Pray with us for this year at Pinares - that God's love and light will reach each student and beyond to the community.

Buenos Noches!

No comments: