Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weekly Lineup

Back again.

The market's bright produce, fresh flowers, and loud bargains was a welcome rush yesterday morning. I meandered among the plantains, peppers, and papayas breathing in the strong smell of hot pupusas and baleadas. I'm back.

I can't figure it out, surely I've tried. But, I can't figure out why I consistently find 'home' in so many places. I left for two weeks - lunched in smalltown diners, shared in my hometown church service, breakfasted with grandparents, celebrated our Savior's birth with family, opened gifts, Christmas caroled to neighbors, road-tripped to the beautiful mountains of Colorado - and now I feel like I'm back instead of the opposite feeling of being 'away.'

Well, however my intercontinental feeling of 'home' works, I'm grateful. And, now that I'm back I know that the Lord has bold plans in the making.

Here's a look into next week here on the blog:

Resolution Schmesolution
Obviously, I have a bit of a grudge against this time of year and its infamous goal-setting. It's so unfortunate that goals come once a year and are fueled by such things as guilt and personal gain. Could there be another option?

Last Days
"To misunderstand the nature and threat of evil is to risk being blindsided by it." This quote from Joel Rosenberg's book, "The Last Days," has spurred a series of reflections. Are we ever called to tolerate evil? When God says in Matthew 5:44 to, "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you," what exactly did He have in mind... tangibly? I know this may seem a world away, but as I read several books at once (of course!), I know that in the spiritual realm, every battle is connected.

God Chose You
A friend once said in her testimony, "Sure there are countless more qualified and doubtless more effective for your position. But, God didn't choose them. God chose you."

Adventures of the Life I Wish I Led
Okay, so I've realized that these excepts are neither short stories nor do they necessarily follow sequence or even the same story line. But, I enjoy writing the bits and pieces and so I will continue. I still really haven't received any feedback, so I can't determine if I'm horribly embarrassing myself... and in any case I suppose I don't mind. Read if you want, don't if you don't :).

Look out for surprises and grab bags. I am excited to see what this new year brings and also to hear more from you! I know I write this all the time, but I'm serious! I love to hear what you are up to - suggestions, advice, similar stories, and the like.

What have you resolved to do this year?

No comments: