Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Thursday, February 05, 2009

lay your head down, a poem for Isaac

lay your head down

lay your head down, sweet one
enter deep slumbers of peace
rest in the arms of your Beloved
be not afraid of our sweet release

lay your head down, little one
in the lap of your dear Father's love
breathe deep in the fragrance
as prayers of the saints lift above

lay your head down, dear one
your first steps take toward the throne
meet your Maker, Creator, Redeemer, and Savior
and be blessed; you will not walk alone

lay your head down, precious one
though questions may form in your wake
you are resting forever, sweetly now
and only joy your sweet soul will make

lay your head down, Isaac Brenton
and remind us the grave does not win
now gently held in goodness and grace
we will rejoice with you one day again

No comments: