Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

the past two days

I should totally not be awake right now... but, since I am, I might as well share a few photos with you so you can see where my heart and strength have been for the past 48 hours.

On Friday night, we had a praise and worship night scheduled to finish up our spiritual emphasis week. Thursday, I randomly decided that it would be a good idea to invite the 10th grade for a picnic after school (in hopes that they would stay for the rest of the evening as well). We ended up having about 20 students hang around! We listened to music, played fĂștbol, laughed a LOT, took pictures, and ate junk food. Heather and I fully intend to make this a more regular occurrence.


The random food - everything from ice cream to chips and salsa to cupcakes to pumpkin muffins to oreos... we've got it all!


I may not be the best fĂștbol player out there, but I've got a lot of spirit... and I've made a few goals, too! The sport is kind of contagious - the States need to catch it!


These are a few of the WONDERFUL girls I get to love on every single day. I can't believe i am so blessed!

FEEDING CENTER FOR EASTER


Since we are going to be gone over Semana Santa, we had an Easter program today for the feeding center. I finally brought my camera out again and got some good pictures of my favorite little ones. This is Kenia... oh, how I love her!


This one has tried to take my heart so many times. We always have our own little 'jam session' at the end.. she LOVES to strum the guitar! She's a great helper, as well. Today she took a hair tie I had on my wrist, saying, "... to always remember." What a darling!

Believe me, there are many more pictures! I will get around to posting them on picasa at some point! Much love to you this weekend!

No comments: