Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

this is my confession

Without going into too much detail (and making this cleansing process about me instead of the Lord)... I finally dealt with a very heavy guilt from a past sin. I knew the Lord was asking me to confess to the offended party and now I know Satan has nothing to hold over my head. Though I had asked the Lord for forgiveness long ago, I knew in my heart I needed to confess to the person as well. I ignored this conviction for years, but in the past week I finally relented and OH the sweet release!

Now, when Satan tries to deceive me with his lies of guilt and inadequacy, I just point straight to the cross and Truth. This week has been about God's healing, redemption, and the work He can do through our brokenness in the lives of others. I just praise God for His victory over what is so filthy in our lives. I am honestly humbled everyday with the foolish, stupid things I do. I am more and more in awe of the Lord's patience with such a wayward soul.

Sometimes I wonder if He rolls His eyes. I mean, I sure would if I had to watch me make so many mistakes. But, you know, I don't think He does. I'm convinced that therein lies the beauty in His character - He never, ever changes. He is ALWAYS good and ALWAYS faithful, ALWAYS patient, and ALWAYS True. always.

I heard this song for the first time this week and it just seems to fit with this beautiful, redemptive lesson. This is almost exactly how I felt whenever I thought about this specific sin: dirty, ashamed, nothing to offer or bring. All of this I bring, all the rags, to the feet of my Prince and believe that His beauty will cover me.

wait for Your rain by Todd Agnew
I cannot believe I'm this dirty
I'm ashamed to even ask to be clean

'Cause I can't think of anyone less worthy
I have nothing to offer or to bring
I throw myself on Your mercy

I throw myself at Your feet
I throw my filth on the grace of
One who's beauty is beyond me

And I wait
And I wait
I'm not even sure how I got here
Wondered to this darkness from Your light

I still remember walking in the garden with You
Now I'm just stumbling through this night
I throw myself on Your mercy

I throw myself at Your feet

I throw my filth on the grace of
One who's beauty is beyond me

And I wait

And I wait

I wait for Your rain to fall

The waves of Your grace wash over me

I wait for Your rain to fall

Strange how forgiveness comes so easily

When I call Your name

And wait for Your rain

Lord, this desert is killing me
My throat's dry from screaming Your name

I want to come home but the sands of time surround me
The dirt's finally covered my shame
So I throw myself on Your mercy

I throw myself at Your feet

I throw my filth on the grace of
One who's beauty is beyond me

And I wait

No comments: