Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Friday, January 29, 2010

a few things for Friday

I'm not in the best of states today, but I'll come around.

I am still struggling to make technology agree with me, these days, but I thought I would give you a few very helpful and thoughtful links for Friday. (Partly because it will make me feel better about myself the next time I blog, seeing how it wasn't THAT long ago:).

The State of My Union
This is an article written by Chris Tomlinson over on the Gospel Coalition blog (where some of my favorite authors and thinkers blog together). I am a pretty big fan of The Gospel Coalition, so I get them sent to my email and today this article popped up in my inbox. I might be kind of 'out of the loop' about Obama's State of the Union address, but this article reminded me about what is most important and how intentional I am about the state of my union with Christ. Check it out!

World Movers

This is just something that keeps popping into my ever wandering brain. I love to write and I love Jesus (in opposite order of importance and passion). Maybe this is a way I could use both to glorify God someday. I don't know. Anyway, I think it's a great thing.

God's Funeral

This is just an interesting book I wouldn't mind reading soon.

Inspired to Action
Even though I'm not a mom, I'm still pretty stoked about doing the Maximizing your Mornings plan (free ebook I picked up from Kat's blog). I am not-so-secretly stealing these 'mom' ideas to organize and prioritize my childless life. ... and it's working.

Thoughts on Joy
I just like what this article has to say about joy, especially because I've been thinking a lot lately about what it is and how to get more of it.

That's it for today, friends.
I'm off to a mission trip meeting, report cards and parents, game night at my place, and possibly a movie later with some students.

No comments: