Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

thoughts from today

These are some thoughts and quotations that found their way into my journal while reading "Forgotten God" by Francis Chan:

  • The Spirit desires to use us when: our hearts are aligned with His vision, we are filled with genuine love for the church, we desire to see the church grow in love for God and others.
  • God's intention is that the gifts of the Spirit would point to God, not man, giving all the glory and praise to God and none to man.
  • I want to serve and use the gifts God has given me in a way that people give God praise and forget that I was involved.
  • miracles ALWAYS point to something GREATER
  • when you so casually say you were "called to a place" what do you mean? what would that place look like if you weren't there? what would the church look like if everyone gave and served and loved like you do... would it be healthy?
  • God may have called you to be exactly where you are. But, it's absolutely vital to grasp that He didn't call you there so you could settle in and live out your life in comfort and superficial peace.
  • I shouldn't be rejoicing in the gifts given, but in the GIVER and the GRACE freely given!
1 Corinthians 12:7
we are given a "manifestation of the Spirit for the common good" ... "empowered by One and the same Spirit who apportions to each one individually as He wills."

This morning I did some reading and planning my mornings for this week (www.inspiredtoaction.com), then I went to read and journal in El Centro, and then this afternoon I went to the feeding center. It was SO good to be back!!

No comments: