Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Monday, May 10, 2010

snippets, anecdotes, and 7 worst things

Okay, I'm ba-AACK!

Last Saturday, we ventured up the infamous, cloud forest mountain (noteworthy because of my first failed attempt and following lost-on-mountain-adventure). The quaint little cabins welcomed us in the little town of Rosario after the long hike. I was especially glad to reach our destination because we took students with us.

The night was filled with food, conversation, laughter, books, worship, laughter, scorpion spotting, laughter, scorpion killing, worship, and more laughter.

Again, I realized how important it is for laughter to be involved in my life! We woke up early and ventured out to see the sun break through the cloudy haze and then spent quiet time, worship time, reading time, and breakfast time.

We hiked out Sunday morning and we were "sucking the marrow" right out, as Thoreau suggests. I almost collapsed when I got home, if not for the dark chocolate Heather brought from Canada. I took in a Mars Hill sermon, cleaned a bit, and then we made dinner before going to Micah Project. Whew!

So.... I am not making excuses, I just want you all to know that "Every Day in May" took place in my journal for the past two days. Well, that's not entirely true. On Saturday night, Heather and I wrote a song that will never be sung again or written down. I wrote the words as they fell off my lips and I happily considered it my writing for the day.

Today... well, I decided to go back to the prompts from creativewritingprompts.com and I landed on number 231 which says, "List the 7 worst things to say to a person who just got dumped."

Hm. It's not really my cup 'o tea, but we'll see how it goes. I do like that it is going to be short, because I am WIPED out! Today after school, we met up with Diana and Maria and played some cards in McDonald's... then picked up Sara and made some AMAZING orange, mango, ginger chicken with vegetables over long grain rice.

So, maybe 7 things is all I can muster right now, anyway. :)

SEVEN worst things you can say to a person who just got dumped (in no particular order)
1. "Oh, don't worry, that girl I saw him with was probably just his sister."
2. "Hey, you'll survive! I mean, I've been dumped many times... and you kind of just get used to it, you know?"
3. "What did you do? I thought you guys had such a good thing!"
4. "I'm sorry. I mean, I can't say I know how you feel, since I got married and everything... but it must be real tough."
5. "I never told you this, but me and him... we, uh, well, we like each other."
6. "I guess God doesn't want you to have a boyfriend."
7. "I wonder what you'll do now..."

Hm. I'm a fan of creative writing prompts, but this was completely and unsatisfactorily uninspiring.

Well, I'll just say it was probably inevitable to have a day where I didn't love the prompt, the character, or the process. It happens.
Every Day in May Project, day TEN (days eight and nine are in my head or my journal)

Okay, now for that fleeting, precious thing called sleep...

3 comments:

Mrs. Nichols said...

Praise the Lord, no Puma sitings! I can't believe you went back up that mountain with students!

Mrs. Nichols said...

I mean sightings. Good grief.

care_oh_line said...

Mom - you must be tired!! Yes - no pumas, all safe, and an AMAZING TIME!