Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

beautiful sunday

Today was absolutely gorgeous. I ended up doing some of the things I love most - with a twist.

Thing I love: Devotions in the morning
twist: with a bagel and a cup of decaf

Thing I love: Church service on Sunday
twist: spanish style - went to the Spanish service and there was a visiting pastor from Honduras (go figure) who is interviewing to take a position at our church

Thing I love: summer heat
twist: forgot sunscreen

Thing I love: working with my hands
twist: gardening ALL afternoon with good company and conversation

Thing I love: beef brisket
twist: Rudy's style - slow cooked over oak with special bbq sauce

Thing I love: C.S. Lewis
twist: went to see instead of read Prince Caspian

Sometimes I love to be exhausted, because there are times when it seems fit to be so.

No comments: