Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday in 100 words

Every once in awhile it's good to stretch creatively. Making anything succinct is always a harrowing struggle for me. So, I'm going to start writing Friday in 100 words. It may be poetic or it may be the beginning of a story or it may appear quite cryptic, but stretching is the key. You see, and now I've already succeeded superfluously.
-----

I awoke adrift a misty sea with the sunshine a glorious gold at my window. A big yawn and stretch greeted the day like any other, but a Friday always holds a certain mysterious promise. Spirits are high, grumbling low and a new kind of energy hovers around the office. My weekend is heavy with plans for entertaining (some call it babysitting) children and doing housework. The end of the school semester finally arrived and past and now the campus stands a ghost town. Though the weekend affords change in routine, I will still wake adrift the misty sea, greeted by the glorious, golden sunshine.

-----

No comments: