Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

In the Air

I am on a plane flying North to South. Do you see me?

I finally packed everything - inventoried down to the pairs of underwear and bottles of ibuprofen. Yesterday I breakfasted with my friend Margee, went to town with my mom, lunched with my brother, played a round of putt-putt golf (and lost mightily), went to the library, packed, cleaned, stored, supped for the last time with my parents and grandparents, and rushed off to Omaha. WHAT a day!

I kept saying it would be “real” once I got on the plane, but now I’m hoping it will seem real enough when I land - right now it seems like any other crazy trip.

My time at home was especially sweet. If time off work was a twinkie, then Cass County would be the creme filling. There’s something about the rolling green hills, campfires, and beautiful people that will always win a comparison.

For some reason, this time when I was home an overwhelming feeling kept creeping up from my toes and would come out in waves under my eyelids. I’m not sure if I can say why, except for a foreboding feeling that things will never be the same. My friendships are changing - we are all getting older and stepping into a different phase of life. I think it was that, but also as my friends are changing... I’m leaving the country for an undetermined amount of time.

But, as I listened to my mentor at a little mexican restaurant in Atlantic, I scribbled her advice on a piece of paper that I stuffed somewhere in my carry-on. It said, “Do what you are doing now with your whole heart... your whole heart, Caroline, as unto the Lord.”

Amen!

Because, the blessings God has given are more His than mine. It’s silly to hold too tightly.

I am on a plane flying North to South. Do you see me?

No comments: