Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

teach us how to pray

"He has shown you, O man, what is good and what the Lord requires of thee. But to do justice, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8
I've read this verse a hundred times, but today as I read it I am thinking about how Adam and Eve walked in perfect humility in the garden with God.

I'm trying to listen to John Piper's current sermon series on the Gospel of John. Last week, I listened to the immensity - the weightiness of "In the beginning was the WORD and the WORD was with GOD and the WORD was GOD." Wow. In the beginning Jesus was with God - our personal Jesus was God in the beginning.

Last night, I had a brilliant discussion with one of my roommates (who graduated with a degree in ESL) about language. How powerful that thoughts are communicated through language. And how much more amazing that our understanding of communication makes sense in light of how we were created: as a reflection of the very WORD, the essence of all language.

And how much more stunning that God invites us into communion - into conversation - with Himself.

I guess it's coming out all philosophical tonight, but I think that's because I'm tired. The burden I feel in my heart is not anything abstract. Maybe I'll revisit this when I can think more clearly.

No comments: