Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekly Lineup

Whew! What a weekend! Do you ever fall into your pillow on Sunday and think "it must be Friday by now"?

Well, both Christina and I had very interesting and eventful weekends. Maybe you'll hear about them this week! We're going to opt for a more spontaneous route this week, so enjoy our randomness!

What we're reading (and recommending)
Of course, I'm in the middle of several books right now - from Fyodor Dostoevsky to Robert L. Stevenson to Isobel Kuhn. And, I just received some new books in my packages last weekend! I promise this might even be interesting for non-readers. .. Well, maybe.

Weekend Retreat - from the other side

Christina just went on a retreat this weekend, but she was retreating... she was leading. Read about how it's quite different from the other side.

Power of Prayer

We've been talking lately about how amazing it is that God invites us to be a part of his glorious work, even in the most intimate ways through prayer. Read about our joys and struggles with this thing called communion.

Grab Bag
What could this be? We actually don't even know:) so just read up this week.

How to liven up a party

So, I don't have a whole lot of experience, but when it comes to social gatherings, I have a few tricks that seem to always bring smiles, induce laughter, and in general make merry the crowd. We had a fall party (hoedown theme) this past weekend for the staff and I seized my 5 minutes of fame!

Also... anyone interested in an interview sometime soon? Or, better yet - anyone interested in nominating someone else for an interview? Let us know!

Okay - hope everyone has a fantastic week!

No comments: