Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Pray for Honduras

This is just a special bulletin to ask you to pray for the people of Northern Honduras who have been hit with almost constant rain for the past month. The country is calling it a national emergency, which (as you might expect) means something much different in the third world.

Please join me in prayer for this country - the people who are struggling to escape the rains and those who are coping over the loss of loved ones. A family at the base of this mountain (where I live) was swept away with their home yesterday and the news is getting closer to home.
Read here for more information.


Also, if you're not up on your third-world news, the current Honduran President has made and is making some pretty poor decisions. He is moving towards a stronger relationship with Hugo Chavez, the current Venezuelan President who has long been wreaking havoc on South American affairs and anywhere else he can flaunt his oil clout.
Read here for more information.

Long story short, this country needs the prayer.

No comments: