Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Saturday, November 01, 2008

first day of sun


Well, today marked the first day of sunshine in a very long time! I know - it seems strange. You might think that, being in central america, it would always be sunny here. That is simply not the case! I have been bundled in several layers, drinking hot tea and decaf coffee for several weeks straight it seems as the winds and rains whip at my window.

But, as I said, today there was sunshine! We went down into the city to get groceries and the temperature difference was between 12-14 degrees! On the way back up the mountain it felt as if we were entering a different climate completely.

In any case, after we got re-acclimated (and I bought some fresh fall-color flowers on the way), we joined other students and staff in the 24-7 prayer room to hear a short concert and testimony from Benny Prasad. I can't tell you what a treat it was to hear how the Lord has blessed this man with an amazing ministry that he takes all over the world. Check out his website to read more!

No comments: