Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Favorite Spots in the Sea

Asking a person who loves books about their favorites is like asking a sailor about their favorite part of the sea. A friend asked me yesterday what my favorite books are, and as much as I love books, I hate that question! So I've been thinking about that question for the last day or so. I don't know about favorites, but books that have, literally, changed my life are:

The Treasure Principle, Randy Alcorn (Made me graduate college early!)

Stop dating the Church, Josh Harris (Helped me fall in love with God's bride, the church.)

A Woman after God's Own Heart, Elizabeth George (showed me what it's like to be a truly Godly Woman- def. not there yet :) )

Wild at Heart, Eldridge (I know it's weird, but it helped me understand my guy friends/ brothers/ etc. a whole lot better! :) )

Ragamuffin Gospel, Brennan Manning (Made me realize it's OK to be a mess, if I do it for the Lord)

For the Love of God, DA Carson (The only "devotional" that I ever could really get into. This is hard-core stuff for Christian growth. Awesome.)

The book of Romans, God (spent 6 months studying it, verse by verse, in preparation for a summer mission trip. Life-changing.)

What the Bible says about Healthy Living, Rex Russell
(Started me on all-natural cooking and eating, 7 months ago!)

Check them out!

No comments: