Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

did I mention I now teach PE

Okay, so the blogs had a couple rough weeks. Sorry. But, did I mention I now teach Physical Education to 10th and 12th grade?


That's right folks. Not only am I slightly less than qualified to teach students sitting in desks, now I'm also trying to teach students who wander around with no anchor, forget their gym clothes, and constantly complain about the heat.

When I told my siblings (on the most ridiculous conference call ever made), they couldn't stop laughing! I can't really blame them. During my first class, with the 12th grade girls, it was raining so we were forced inside with no lesson plan. Within five minutes, someone was straightening her hair, another girl pulled out an evening dress to show off, and two other girls whipped out cell phones to take pictures of the 12th grade boys PE class (dutifully on task within eyeshot!!). How did I get into this mess?

I have to admit the humor. Without laughter I might have given up alltogether. I'm teaching three PE classes a week so that our PE teacher can take a college class at the nearby university where she is finishing her degree. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm doing my best to not appear as desperate as I feel to make this arrangement work out without too terribly impairing these girls' physical education.

I'm holding on to Psalm 94

Psalm 91

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. a]">[a]

2 I will say b]">[b] of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."

3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.

4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

.

.

14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."


I'm just going to keep on delighting in His promises and know that HE alone sustains, protects, defends, comforts, and guides.


But... just out of curiosity... how would you teach a high school girls PE class? The next sport in the lineup: badminton. That ought to be interesting... real interesting.

No comments: