Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

honest about my wishes

Sometimes I have these romantic phases in my mind (okay, often) ... and in those times I desperately wish everything would make sense together. Today, as I am going about the most random list of things "to do" I am taking mental lists of some of those wishes. Indulge!

  1. I wish, when I read a good book, I could be COMPLETELY in the book and not preoccupied with the desire to finish it, to know its contents, or to have a conversation about it later.
  2. I wish Simon and Garfunkel more regularly appeared on my "recently played" list.
  3. I wish my ambitions to be a neat and tidy person were more natural and less guilt-driven.
  4. I wish my distracted approach to projects yielded masterpieces like Picasso that everyone strangely admires, rather than disaster like the "derelict" fashion line in Zoolander that everyone pities.
  5. I wish my passion for people and causes could have a least common denominator... something I could refer to at the beginning of every day and then have an obvious, mathematical approach to deciphering the day's greatest needs.
  6. I wish I could be in several places at once (typical super-human power, right?)... and actually FULLY be there in mind and heart.
  7. I wish steady, standard routine was not something I only wished and planned for... but something that HAPPENED consistently in my life.
  8. I wish I was less likely to order Diet Coke and more likely to order water.
  9. I wish I knew how NOT to be wasteful, but creatively thrifty to the max!
  10. I wish I wasn't so good at making resolutions (though I always deny making them) and better at DOING.
  11. I wish I wasn't so overwhelmed by all the good things going on the world, thinking I have to in some way be a part of all of them... and just be GLAD good things are happening (especially in the name of Jesus!)
  12. I wish overflowing love out my mouth was effortless.
Well, there are some wishes of mine, folks. Will some life-wish fairy grant me these? Nope. But, sometimes you just need to call a spade a spade in your life and face up to the wishes you are secretly wishing.

I hope you are all doing well, my friends, this fine Wednesday.

don't forget to
let LOVE FLY like cRaZY
today!

4 comments:

Mrs. Nichols said...

#5- kind of like a spiritual triage? Where patients get sorted in order of type of injury? Hm.... interesting to think about.

Caroline said...

I LOVE that you didn't do what my mind did with this wish: DUH, Caroline... God is at the center. I know that's the easy answer, but in practice so difficult. I looked up triage :) and YES. kind of like that. Wouldn't that be cool?

Jess said...

It's so unlike me to read a blog, let alone respond to one. I couldn't even find the comments icon. :-/ But you are SO awesome friend. You put to words what others are afraid to admit they think. Honesty, I LOVE it!

Caroline said...

JESS... I'm so proud of you! Now you've joined my mom on the hip and tech scale :) just kidding.

thanks for the encouragement, friend. you are ONE of a kind, for sure!