Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Weekly Lineup

Okay, so we made it through this past week. Christina quit her job and I moved out of Austin (deep sigh) ... and we made it.

I love the encouragement we find in Joshua 1 where we keep seeing the words "take heart" and "be strong and courageous" and " wait on the Lord." Far from our constant demands for quick fixes, we read what it means to be stalwart - a certain strength from only one source.

Well, this week we tarry on, both in Iowa for a short stint. I am actually sitting in Christina's endearing upper floor apartment for the first time and loving it. I get to see all the things she's posted on the blog and - let me tell you - the effect is much sweeter in person!

As we enter into a new phase in our lives (mine in Honduras and Christina's still a bit unknown, but definitely in Des Moines), we are trying to figure out the best way to share our creative experiences on this blog. Lineup? No lineup? Recommendations? Stories? Crafts? Write every day? Multiple times a day?

If you have any sort of advice to this end, please let us know! You can leave your comments here or send us an email... but just let us know your thoughts. More of the same or something different??

For this week, we'll go ahead and let you know a bit what to expect. I'm just going to come out and say we're confused about the election. We don't want to vote for either of the main candidates, so now what do we do? (Please advise!!)

Here are some topics we do claim to know something about...

Adventures of the Life I Wish I Led
Have you read the first two in this series? If not, check here and here. Start looking for this as a regular staple on this post. I've heard some people appreciate this side a bit more than all the philosophy (I don't care what you say, I'm keeping that too!). These short snapshots are just what's on my heart... you know, if wishes came true.

Living Life in the Minimal
Last week, Caroline wrote about inventory-ing her life as she boxed up all her personal possessions in Austin. This week, read about Christina's newfound determination to live life simply... as she navigates piles of clothes, boxes of collectibles, and (in short) a lot of clutter.

Nesting
So, when the last of the kids finally leaves, we've given parents the affectionate term of 'empty nesters,' but there's a lot of nesting that happens in your 20s. When don't have any kids yet and find yourself 'on your own,' you can do a lot to your living space and your life outlook to make yourself feel right at home.

So, we'll try to hit these topics, but be looking for more. With pictures, of course of our adventures, travels, and surprises.

We hope this week you will delight in the blessings!

No comments: