Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Hooray for Monday

We got back late last night and I felt like I played catch up all day, but I don't mind. I did kind of mind the School Board meeting/parent info session I just voluntarily attended. I was thinking it would be a little more interactive. Boy, was I wrong. But, I'm still feeling okay... I've got a few tricks up my sleeve this week and the weekend away only made me more ornery - so watch out!

I think even the two day trip revived my spirits and gave me new energies to tackle these things set before me.

On that note, here are a few things to pray for, if you are the praying kind:
  • The women's refuge I've been working with is in danger of being shut down. The government apparently thinks that it is not a good use of space. Please pray that a miracle occurs and the girls are able to stay with their kids!!
  • I just finished up a few proposals for the coming year and will be meeting with superiors this week (hopefully) to talk about future plans.
  • Our contracts are out and due within the next 10 days. I am prayerfully considering signing a 2-year contract.
  • We have had very bold attacks on health here at the school. The assistant spiritual life coordinator (and my good friend) has been waking up in the middle of the night and feeling very oppressed. We know this is spiritual warfare, can you please just pray for protection?
  • Safety in travels for everyone this upcoming week of Semana Santa. The whole week is a holiday, so students and teachers will be traveling. I am hoping to connect with some students in Tela before I make my way to Iowa for a short few days to celebrate Easter with my family (thank you Aunt Jane!).
I love you all so very much. Be blessed today and walk in the Word.

No comments: