Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

rough gets smoothed

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but the Lord directs his steps.

That's exactly how I feel about this little hold up last Saturday morning. This week has been a huge, huge blessing.

Last night, I had several students over for some fellowship, laughter, singing, and more laughter. What a wonderful blessing! I also had time to get a few things done that I haven't given much attention in the last few weeks.

That's all. Blessings. In the midst of much hurt, there are blessings.

Even as I read about pain and hurt from my dear friend Chelsea in S. Africa, who just experienced great loss on her team... even then I know that God is faithful and He will not leave or forsake His children.

Oh, how wonderful that God knows the ways He will bless us even when we are completely unaware. I will indeed be on a plane on Thursday, hopefully a bus tomorrow, that will take me to the place where my family will gather, pray, and love with the precious love of Christ as we celebrate His beautiful, redemptive plan.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I love the new look of the blog! Let's talk/ google chat soon?? tomorrow? I love you :)
SO MUCH!