Hello. Welcome.

I'm a very determined kind of individual. Sometimes my determination is misplaced and things get very ugly. But, sometimes my determination leads to laughter, deep thoughts, and words on paper.

I write everything. I'm not very good at filtering ... so you will see it all. Maybe there will be a little inspiration for someone else along the way. I hope so. My sister also likes to guest blog and I'm sure you will appreciate her wit and wisdom.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

please pray for my gram



My gram is on my mind tonight. I just got back from a praise/worship session and before I was at a potluck for my care group and before that I was playing capture the flag and before that I was organizing a surprise party with our 10th graders for my roommate and before that I was working.

But, right now I am praying for my grandma Phyllis because she is struggling to recover after having surgery for cancer in her colon. My heart is aching for the frustration I know she must be facing right now at being immobile. I know that the Lord is holding her in His hands, but the prayers of the righteous lifted up to Him are powerful and effective. My grandpa is such a strong, steadfast man with so much love to give. I know his support of gram is endless, but both of them need strength right now.

This verse that a student gave me awhile back is again reminding me the power and authority our Lord possesses.
Isaiah 40:28
"Have you not known? Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary;
his understanding is unsearchable."
I just praise God for his faithfulness and pray He will be the strength and steady hand guiding both my precious grandparents tonight.

No comments: