I returned home last weekend and I cannot get enough of this wonderful state! I got home Saturday night and have been loving every minute... including the freedom to flush my toilet paper, drive a car, hug my brothers, and have dinner on the porch with my parents. LOVE IT.
There are some things that only happen in Iowa.
There are also some things to praise God for because of His provision this year. I wrote about a few things in the newsletter this month, but I want to highlight a few.
Last year, before I left for Honduras, I made prayer cards with the following requests:
- For the Lord to prepare students’ hearts for another year at Pinares
- For the Lord’s blessing on the ministry of Pinares and the staff
- For the connections to surrounding communities through service work
- For my abilities as a teacher, counselor, co-worker, and friend
- For a humble heart to enter into ministry and work alongside other servants
- For traveling mercies and other details
Here is the newsletter for June. It's still short, but I wanted to get it out quick because I'll be writing my summer newsletter to include updates from Camp Bethany. I am speaking this week as the missionary and I have already felt the Lord moving and working.
Click on the image below to go to the Honduran Horizon page and then click on June 2009.
I have attached a new prayer card as well, so that you can continue to pray this year for the ministry in Honduras. Thank you, thank you, thank you! And may the Lord bless your faithful hearts!